Translate

Tuesday 6 September 2016

The Second Chapter of the Second Letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians (To update)



The Second Chapter of the Second letter of 

St. Paul to the Thessalonians 





1. As to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we beg you, brothers and sisters, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as though from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord is already here, 3. Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come unless the rebellion comes first and the lawless one is revealed, the one destined for destruction.



(The second letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 2 verses 1 to 3)




Oh God my Father I thank You for reminding us that we are not to be gullible in relation to the day or hour or circumstance that will indicate Your second and final visit. Many have formed theories, however, we are to follow Your Word and not hearsay Amen.



4. He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God.



(The second letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 2 verses 4)




Oh God my Father the message  or messages found in the Bible makes us aware of things that happened in the past and also of things that will happen in the future. In such setting or scenario, the apostle may be referring to events in time that may actually take place in the present time. By means of the Holy Spirit of God, the apostle Paul spoke about how the evil spirit of lawlessness and rebellion can claim dominion over a particular world ruler so much as to give him power as 'World dominator' and even hinder us from believing in God, due to the fact that this person would want praise and worship to himself. I pray oh God my Father that we remain firm when such negative events take place Amen. 


5. Do you not remember that I told you these things when I was still with you? 6. And you know what is now restraining him, so that he may be revealed when his time comes. 7. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but only until the one who now restrains it is removed.


(The second letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 2 verses 5  to 7)


Oh God my Father You have control over the evil spirit of Satan. There will come a time when Satan will be set loose for the final battle leading to the end of times. At times I feel that this evil spirit is already loose. I pray for Your protection Amen.


8. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will destroy with the breath of his mouth, annihilating him by the manifestation of his coming. 9. The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, 10. and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false, 12. so that all who have not believed the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.



(The second letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 2 verses 8  to 12)




Oh God my Father when looking at events that are taking place in the world, I start thinking that the lawless one is already doing much damage to humanity. Certain important decisions that have been taken on reflection can easily be concluded as having been under the influence of the evil one, for the outcome of such decisions has been almost catastrophic. However when the time comes You are going to reveal the lawless person and destroy him or it as an evil spirit once and for all. Amen. The victory is Yours, my God and Father.



13. But we must always give thanks to God for you, brothers and sisters beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the first fruits for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14. For this purpose he called you through our proclamation of the good news, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15. So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by our letter.



(The second letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 2 verses 13  to 15)



Oh God, my Father even though I was not among the first to receive the message of the 'Good News' I thank You for having sent St. Paul to Malta to preach the Good News. I also thank You for giving me a personal call that is to follow You and share Your Word with others. I thank You for calling me to be holy like You. I pray that You empower me to be strong and help others whom You send me to walk in Your ways. Amen.



16. Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and through grace gave us eternal comfort and good hope, 17. comfort your hearts and strengthen them in every good work and word.



(The second letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians Chapter 2 verses 16  to 17)



Oh God, my Father this particular message is very encouraging especially today when I will do my first assessment at my new job. I pray that You give me the skills and knowledge to do the assessment and cover all the areas of need in order to be of help to my clients. I pray for Your empowerment because I am feeling a bit scared and insecure about it, even though I know that You are with me and will never abandon me Amen.



Oh God, my Father I would like to thank You for using me in different circumstances and for helping me grow in different areas of my life even though I am 45 years old, which means that I am of a mature age, however, growth in You is never ending.



I would like to end this chapter with the following prayer:-



Oh God, my Father I thank You for all that You have done for me, with me and by means of me. I pray that You keep on protecting me from the forces of evil that will stop at nothing from putting me under unnecessary stress that leads me to lose control over myself and sin against You. I pray for Your protection my God and Father. I pray that You be like a wall of fire, that protects me from all sides and angles Amen. 


Thank You Jesus


























No comments:

Post a Comment